Highland Reserve State School Update - Term 3 Operating Guidelines
Dear Parents and Carers,
Following updated advice from health authorities and the Department of Education, the following Operating Guidelines will be in place for Highland Reserve State School from the commencement of Term 3, which starts on the 13th July 2020. These guidelines are in place for the best interests of all students, staff, parents and community members.
- Highland Reserve State School remains open for all students.
- Under the Queensland Chief Health Officer Directive, any student who is unwell must not attend school and students should remain home until well. The school must ask parents / carers to collect their child from school if they are unwell.
- Parents are to follow normal notification processes when their child is absent from school.
- The learning@home website (https://education.qld.gov.au/curriculum/learning-at-home) will remain live for parents who choose to keep their child at home for learning. Parents must notify the school office if electing to keep their child at home.
BEFORE SCHOOL PROCEDURES:
- Students are not to arrive prior to 8:30am. We encourage students to arrive as close as possible to the 9:00am starting time.
- Prep to Year 3 students arriving between 8:30am and 8:55am must sit and wait in the main undercover area. Supervision commences at 8:30am.
- Year 4 to Year 6 students arriving between 8:30am and 8:55am must sit and wait under the Senior Learning Centre. Supervision commences at 8:30am.
- To ease congestion and to maintain social distancing between adults, Prep students may arrive between 8:55am and 9:10am. Prep students must be farewelled at the Prep entrance gate.
- It is important that parents continue to drop students off at school entry gates and do not enter the school site. Department of Education guidelines also request that parents do not gather in areas such as carparks and maintain social distancing from other adults at all times.
AFTER SCHOOL PROCEDURES:
- Prep students will be able to be collected between 2:45pm and 3:00pm from the artificial grass area in the Prep Precinct.
- All other students will depart at the usual time of 3:00pm.
- Parents collecting students must wait outside school gates. We encourage parents to make use of the carpark near the Prep classrooms (greater capacity to find a park close to 3pm due to the early departure of Prep), the carpark at The Well, and the school pick up zone.
- Increased cleaning throughout the school will continue, particularly for high frequency touch points.
- Parent – Teacher contact will be restricted to email and phone calls. Face to face meetings will only be held by appointment and if absolutely necessary.
- Whilst Queensland Health advise that it is safe to use water bubblers, we encourage students to bring their own drink bottle to use throughout the day.
- We request that students bring food packaging for lunch that they can open themselves.
- Events such as Cross Country will be conducted in a modified program to align to safety measures.
- Religious Instruction lessons will recommence from the beginning of Term 3.
- The school tuckshop will remain open on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Whilst money will now be accepted for over the counter purchasing, we encourage the use of FlexiSchools wherever possible.
- School office staff can be contacted on 5588 3333 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refrain from entering the office area unless absolutely necessary.
Through a combined community effort and a commitment to the above mentioned strategies, school operations will be able to continue throughout Term 3. It is vital that everyone continues to play their part for the best interests of all community members.
Thank you in advance for your support of our Term 3 Operating Guidelines that will be in place for the entire ten weeks to keep all community members safe and healthy.